Each year over 250 participants in the Kuna area participate in our tackle football program. We are a member of the Optimist Youth Football league out of Boise, Idaho.
We play our seasons during the fall, running from August through October. Registration for the fall season starts in early spring. Practice kicks off at the beginning of August and each team is guaranteed 7 games and ample playing time.
Safety is important to our program it is why we require annual background screening for our coaches and volunteers in conjunction with annual education and certification for coaching staffs. Optimist Football is also a member of USA Football's Heads Up Football program which teaches safer techniques to participants helping to reduce head injuries.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR TACKLE FOOTBALL:
Child must be ages 8-13* as of September 1st, 2019 * Thirteen year olds will be allowed to play if they weigh less than 115 lbs. in street clothes.
Step 1: Register Online
Complete the online registration and pay the $150 for tackle football.
Step 2: Weigh-in and sizing
Attend a weigh-in and sizing event on either April 13th or May 4th between 10am and 1pm at Freemont Middle School. (Formerly Teed Elementary School)
* Bring a copy of your registration confirmation
* First year players bring a copy of birth certificate
*Registration after May 4th will be considered late. Registrants will be put on a waiting list to be placed on a team pending available space. Late registering players will be assessed a $25 late fee per family if placed on a team.
Below you can find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Optimist Youth Football tackle leagues are based upon age and weight.
Age cut-off for OYF players is midnight on September 1st of the current year.
|League/Age Group*||Maximum Allowed Weight at Registration||Maximum Allowed Weight at Jamboree|
|100 lbs||110 lbs|
|115 lbs||125 lbs|
|130 lbs||140 lbs|
|145 lbs||155 lbs|
|160 lbs||170 lbs|
* Player's exceeding the maximum weight for his/her age will have the option to advance to a higher age league but they must meet the weight requirement for that league. No player can advance more than two age brackets - no exceptions.
Important Information for Registration:
- Please bring player and a copy of your registration to weigh in / cheer fitting
- First year players must bring a copy of birth certificate
- Football player weigh in and cheer sizing date
In person weigh-In dates for 2019:
- April 13th 10AM to 1PM at Freemont Middle School
- May 4th 10AM to 1PM at Freemont Middle School