Each year over 250 participants in the Kuna area participate in our tackle football program. We are a member of the Optimist Youth Football league out of Boise, Idaho.
We play our seasons during the fall, running from August through October. Registration for the fall season starts in early spring. Practice kicks off at the beginning of August and each team is guaranteed 7 games and ample playing time.
Safety is important to our program it is why we require annual background screening for our coaches and volunteers in conjunction with annual education and certification for coaching staffs. Optimist Football is also a member of USA Football's Heads Up Football program which teaches safer techniques to participants helping to reduce head injuries.
Below you can find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Optimist Youth Football tackle leagues are based upon age and weight.
Age cut-off for OYF players is midnight on September 1st of the current year.
|League/Age Group*||Maximum Allowed Weight at Registration||Maximum Allowed Weight at Jamboree|
|100 lbs||110 lbs|
|115 lbs||125 lbs|
|130 lbs||140 lbs|
|145 lbs||155 lbs|
|160 lbs||170 lbs|
* Player's exceeding the maximum weight for his/her age will have the option to advance to a higher age league but they must meet the weight requirement for that league. No player can advance more than two age brackets - no exceptions.
Important Information for Registration:
- Please bring player and a copy of your registration to weigh in / cheer fitting
- First year players must bring a copy of birth certificate
- Football player weigh in and cheer sizing date
In person weigh-In dates for 2018:
- April 16th6-8pm Teed Elementary
- May 1st 6-8 pm Teed Elementary
- May 19th11-3 Teed Elementary